[TriLUG] Google opposes anti-municipal Internet bill - and your help needed!

Mark Turner jmarkturner at gmail.com
Tue May 5 16:02:43 EDT 2009

Late last night Google, Intel, and several other major players announced
their formal opposition to H. 1252, the "Time Warner Cable Protection
Act," ...err, the "Level Playing Field Act."

http://www.markturner.net/2009/05/05/google-and-other-heavyweights-oppose-h1252/

I'm happy to see my fellow TriLUG netizens fired up about this. I've
been deeply involved with it since I got wind of it and have been to
every public committee meeting.

The bill goes before the House Public Utilities Committee tomorrow
morning. If you'd like to keep Time Warner Cable, Embarq and the rest
from blocking public investment in the Internet (including our share of
$4 billion of federal broadband stimulus funds), please CALL the
committee members on this list and urge them to oppose H.1252.

http://www.markturner.net/2009/04/27/please-call-the-house-public-utilities-committee/

Note: When calling representatives or their legislative assistants,
please be polite and civil. They've gotten an earful on this issue
already (yay!), so save the speech and instead be brief. Simply express
your opposition to the bill and urge the representative to do the same.

Now, get going! :)
--
Mark Turner
www.markturner.net