[TriLUG] Time Warner Cable not through fighting

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed May 6 23:59:44 EDT 2009

>From what I understand, the "normal" time for this committee to
meet is 11am, so to meet at 8am, they must really be trying to
avoid people who oppose this bill.  What I want to know is why,
when constituents called a representative from the committee,
that they handed the phone to a cable lobbyist to explain things?!?
Can we please ban all lobbyists from the capital now?  This
is getting ridiculous.

I've called my state senator (who is a vice chairman of the
committee).  Please do the same!

Cheers,
Tanner

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Mark Turner <jmarkturner at gmail.com> wrote:
> When it looked as if the House bill would be appropriately dispatched today,
> the folks at Time Warner Cable opted to try their luck with the Senate
> version.
>
> It goes to the Senate Commerce committee early tomorrow at 8 AM. Yes, that's
> right: 8 AM.
>
> If you're a night owl and have the time, please call the committee members
> at this list and let them know what you think of this bad bill. Just by
> leaving voicemail you can make a difference.
>
> You can find the list of members here:
> http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/Committees/Committees.asp?sAction=ViewCommittee&sActionDetails=Senate%20Standing_67
>
> My blog about today's House meeting:
> http://www.markturner.net/2009/05/06/time-warner-cable-protection-act-not-dead-yet/