[TriLUG] SSN for job apps?

David Black dave at jamsoft.com
Thu May 7 14:40:46 EDT 2009

Yes, that's right - thanks for the correction.

What happened in Iowa and some other mid-western states is first some gov't agencies had to provide alternate IDs (DMV and public health come to mind), and this had the effect of creating an expectation for businesses to do the same.  I was there during that transition.  Some public universities and other educational organizations were also affected/involved.

Dave