[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] Meeting reminder: LinuxDNA talk Thurs 14 May 7pm at Red Hat

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Wed May 13 10:17:43 EDT 2009

WHAT: May TriLUG meeting, Steering Committee Elections, LinuxDNA presentation
WHEN: Tomorrow; Thu May 14 19:00:00 EDT 2009
WHERE: Red Hat Raleigh HQ (see
http://www.redhat.com/about/contact/ww/americas/raleigh.html or
  http://trilug.org/wiki/TriLUG_Meeting_Location for directions)
FOOD: Pizza
SPONSOR: Howard Systems

Our May meeting will be held on Thursday, May 14th at 7pm at the main
Red Hat building on NCSU Centennial Campus. The topic is LinuxDNA (and
also steering committee elections). As usual, this TriLUG meeting is
free and open to the public. We would like to thank Howard Systems,
the sponsor of the May meeting. Think of them while you eat your free
pizza, but then think about the fact that we don't always have
sponsors, so if you can spare a few dollars, make a donation.

More about LinuxDNA: With light patching the Linux kernel can be
compiled with ICC, the Intel C/C++ compiler. Tyler McAdams will cover
background, motivations, and benefits of compiling the Linux kernel
this way.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"The fun thing is to try to persuade others to share your opinions