[TriLUG] Tables and CSS

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Wed May 13 13:45:16 EDT 2009

Brian McCullough wrote:
> I am glad that I started this thread.
>
> I have learned some useful things.

Brian,

In addition to the good suggestions on how to prototype your CSS with
in-line styles or a block in the head, I recommend that you take a look
at these Firefox plugins:
  + Firebug: http://getfirebug.com/
  + Web Developer: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60

Both of these allow you to inspect and manipulate styles directly on the
page, while viewing it in your browser. You can then take the resulting
style and paste it into your stylesheet.

These two plugins also have an amazing wealth of features that go way
beyond CSS. I could not imagine doing AJAX development without Firebug.

Best of luck in all your efforts.

Kind regards,
Justis