[TriLUG] [OT] What's the value of IT?

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Wed May 13 17:15:22 EDT 2009

Small business owners don't care about IT. Small business owners care
about saving money. If we IT people don't save small business owners
money, we are an expense that will go away. The small businesses that
don't get it probably will not get it and must feel pain before they
have a gain from what we IT people do.

Correlating IT to saving money is the only avenue to reach small
business owners.