[TriLUG] Recommend a motherboard for Centos 5.X

Bob Heath bob.heath at aspnet.net
Sun May 17 21:19:53 EDT 2009

Dear friends,

I am trying to build a x86 type of machine using Centos 5.X.  I just
had to return a motherboard because it did not support Centos.
:(  Have any of you folks had any luck installing Centos 5.X on an
x86 motherboard?  Could you recommend one for me to buy?

I would like it to have pretty decent performance so I am going to
install a hardware RAID adapter.  I don't really want a soft Raid,
but I can disable it if necessary.  I would like to get a motherboard
with two PCI Express x16 PCI slots.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Bob Heath