[TriLUG] MVS mainframes

Andrew Gray andrew.james.gray at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 11 10:47:58 EDT 2009

Does anyone have experience with MVS mainframes who might be able to
shed some light on how they work from a users point of view?  I am still
looking for work and was contacted about a position that entails working
with one of these mainframes.  I have looked at the wikipedia entry and
am unsure how much different it would be from using unix or linux.  I
took a year of Red Hat in college and had played with FreeBSD and a
couple distros for some time before that.  So basically I am more than
comfortable with linux and run it full time and am wondering how
difficult it would be to pick up and how different it would be.

-Thanks for any help
 Andrew Gray