[TriLUG] MVS mainframes

Andrew Ball anball at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:51:07 EDT 2009

MVS has been updated a good bit in the past decade or so.  It has been
renamed z/OS, runs on 64-bit hardware, etc.  Also, people can interact with
it with Eclipse using Websphere Developer for z/Series (used to be Rational
Application Developer for z/Series, before that it was Websphere Studio
Enterprise Developer) instead of using ISPF and a 3270 terminal emulator.
That's where my experience comes from -- I was a tester for the Eclipse
product.

I got the same impression about things being "invented" over and over again.