[TriLUG] June Meeting Streaming Experiment

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 11:16:02 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com>wrote:

> If anyone has some suggestions on how to proceed, I would love to hear
> them, thanks!

Tanner,

   IMHO, I would like to be able have available to me:

1) Live Audio (in web browser or an even simpler way?). Don't give me VOIP,
I don't need/have it, I don't want it.

2) The ability to see the Slide the speaker is talking about. This could be
as simple as putting it up on a web page (see #3 below). Note, not a Video
camera shot of the slide, as we saw last night, lighting levels for video of
Speaker wash out slide for persons in room. To do Video of slide would have
us switching lights ON/OFF/ON all night long. Is it that hard for the
presenter to give us a copy of the presentation?

3) Occasional shot of Presenter. This could be as simple as a quick photo
swapped out with #2 above. Occasional short segment of live Video.

john mitchell