[TriLUG] June Meeting Streaming Experiment

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 14:25:57 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:16 AM, John Mitchell<john280z at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tanner,
>
>   IMHO, I would like to be able have available to me:
>
> 1) Live Audio (in web browser or an even simpler way?). Don't give me VOIP,
> I don't need/have it, I don't want it.

Do you have a telephone?  What could be simpler than that.

http://www.trilug.org/wiki/VoipMeeting

(And, just ignore the part that says "VoIP"  and look for the part
that says "If you wish to use an old-fashioned telephone"....)

> 2) The ability to see the Slide the speaker is talking about. This could be
> as simple as putting it up on a web page (see #3 below). Note, not a Video
> camera shot of the slide, as we saw last night, lighting levels for video of
> Speaker wash out slide for persons in room. To do Video of slide would have
> us switching lights ON/OFF/ON all night long. Is it that hard for the
> presenter to give us a copy of the presentation?

This could easily happen if presenters would use Google Docs to
present, but then you have to get the presenter to agree.

> 3) Occasional shot of Presenter. This could be as simple as a quick photo
> swapped out with #2 above. Occasional short segment of live Video.

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace