[TriLUG] June Meeting Streaming Experiment

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 00:38:11 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Michael Kimsal<mgkimsal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess I understand the sentiment of wanting to support "open source", but
> what you've described is already what ustream is, except it's using Flash,
> which you don't seem to like.  But it IS supported on Linux, Windows and Mac
> - it's the most reasonably cross-platform way to do something like this with
> a minimum of fuss.

Michael,

If by supported you mean "continually crashes the browser upon startup "
then I'll agree.  But otherwise, after trying out ustream.tv last night, I
wouldn't recommend it for anything.  (And, I'm not even running flash
on Linux. I was running it on OS X.)

Yes, what Aaron describes is exactly what the flash based ones
do, but being able to get flash completely out of the way would go
a long way towards making things more stable, I think.

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace