[TriLUG] OT: DTV transition and new ATSC frequencies

Andrew Rankin andrew at eiknet.com
Sun Jun 14 09:10:23 EDT 2009

Mark -

When I initially scanned it was working just fine, however flipping
through the channels this morning it appears that I now get no
signal...

This is posted on their web page:

"Some viewers of UNC-TV's over-the-air digital signal in the Chapel
Hill area -- the signal from WUNC Channel 25 -- are experiencing
reception problems following the federally-mandated shutoff of all
analog television signals.

We believe the interference is caused by the low-power signal from
another broadcasting station in Durham.  UNC-TV is actively working on
technical modifications that we hope will resolve or improve the
situation soon.

Thank you for your patience as we address this problem."

Andrew (who is missing This Old House)

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Neil L. Little<nllittle at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> which is 741.39 mhz
>
> 73,
> Neil, WA4AZL
>
> Andrew Rankin wrote:
>>
>> Both my tuners seem to be getting it just fine, my HD Tivo is
>> reporting the new frequency as 59.
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Mark Turner<jmarkturner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hey TriLUGgers (and fellow MythTV users),
>>>
>>> I thought I was well-prepared for yesterday's digital TV transition. I've
>>> had digital sets or converters in the house since November and knew that
>>> I'd
>>> have to rescan the channels after yesterday's switch in order to keep
>>> watching TV.
>>>
>>> After rescanning, all my stations showed up ...except for WUNC-TV
>>> (channel
>>> 4-x), which is the one I watch the most. Even my TV with the strongest
>>> tuner
>>> can't find it. Before it changed frequency I was picking it up five-bars
>>> with my mega-huge VHF/UHF antenna here in Raleigh.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what frequency WUNC-TV wound up using? I assume it
>>> changed
>>> bands, but I didn't expect it to drop off completely.
>>>
>>> Below is the MythTV/dvbscan channels.conf I *was* using that no longer
>>> applies. Does anyone have a new frequency listing (with working WUNC-TV)?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Mark Turner
>>> www.markturner.net
>>>
>>> WRPX ION:479028615:8VSB:49:52:3