[TriLUG] Asterisk

John Turner ukcsgrad89 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 09:00:08 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Tim Jowers <timjowers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Me too. Please send me any info also. IVR driven from SW. My brother's
> company is doing mobile payments through the cell phone and I told him
> they should let people IVR to do it as well. Some company in India
> already does IVR mobile payments.
>
> Tim
>
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Mark Freeze<mfreeze at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone have any experience using asterisk as an IVR?  We need to
> > set up an IVR and thought that this might be the perfect opportunity
> > to implement asterisk within our organization.If you have any
> > experience with this that you'd like to share, please email me or call
> > me at 919-835-4790.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark.

Sure, I worked on a project with a insurance company that was used to
check on eligibility status. Are you talking about a system you can
dial into and press keys for menu choices, enter some account number,
and get some information returned?

If it is real simple you can just use the dial plan. But if you have
something more you will likely need to write a script that interfaces
with Asterisk. I think there are Perl or PHP APIs, but underneath it
is just a text based API.

Now all this could be difference as it has been almost two years since
I worked on this project.

John