[TriLUG] Fedora 11 font issue with forwarded X11 over ssh

Brian Daniels bitmage at pobox.com
Thu Jun 18 09:20:00 EDT 2009

I've just installed Fedora 11 on my desktop and have run into a snag.  When I
ssh into some of our older Centos4 servers and try to run a X11 app, no text
appears.  The dialogs have all the buttons and frames, but empty space where
the words would be.

If I go to an older Fedora 10 box and repeat the test, everything works
correctly.

--Brian

--
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you
want to test a man's character, give him power.

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at pobox.com
      http://www.eviloverlord.net