[TriLUG] Join Linux Global Meeting Sunday June 21 using VOIP - BerkeleyTIP

Peter Neilson neilson at windstream.net
Sat Jun 20 06:12:12 EDT 2009

john_re wrote:
> Join the friendly Linux Global [& ALL FREE SW HW & CULTURE]
> community Meeting:
> this Sunday, June 21, using VOIP,
> 10A - 6P Pacific USA time [GMT - 8? 7? hours] =
>  1P - 9P Eastern USA =
>  6P - 2A??? GMT  - Daylight savings correction? +7 hours?

No. -->
7 pm Eastern Standard is midnight GMT.
That means 8 pm Eastern Daylight ("spring forward") is midnight GMT.
So 1 pm to 9 pm Eastern Daylight is 1700 to 0100 GMT.
It'll be 1800 to 0200 British Summer Time.

Being Midsummer's Day or thereabouts, it'll require staying up nearly
until dawn for those in the northern Scottish Isles. Further north and
to the east, the Norwegians and Swedes will be staying up late or early,
partying while the sun doesn't set. If I remember correctly from family
folklore, the Swedes throw firecrackers at the Norwegians. The
Norwegians light them and throw them back.