[TriLUG] OT: DTV Channel Guide - WAS : DTV transition and new ATSC frequencies

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Tue Jun 23 14:42:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:48:08AM -0400, Craig Taylor wrote:

> Regardless - now that we have 25 hd channels of crap on the TV instead of
> 100 I'd like to find a web site I can enter the channels in and pull up a
> "web channel guide" so I can see which shows will be coming on when and at
> what time instead of going to each channel's individual web site.
>
> Anyone know of any?

Aside from the other recomendations, I can offer first, Zap2It.com,
similar to the other suggestions, and FreeGuide, which allows you to
have a personalized TV guide, on your own machine.  You can set up
favourites lists, channel lists and other customizations.

The channel data is downloaded from SchedulesDirect, but formatted and
displayed in the FreeGuide application.

See http://freeguide-tv.sourceforge.net

Brian