[TriLUG] protection against IPv6 attacks

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Sun Jul 5 21:34:33 EDT 2009

Howdy folks. I'd like to do more IPv6, but Kevin Otte just pointed out
these bugs:

Which are denyhosts and fail2ban each failing to support IPv6. I'm not
particularly interested in answers like "I don't use IPv6," or "I put
[standalone firewall device from brand X] in front of my IPv6
machines." I'd like pointers to linux-land applications that already
do what denyhosts and fail2ban do, but also do it properly in
IPv6-land. Solutions that are distro-specific are acceptable, but an
application that is already packaged both for Debian and CentOS would
send me over the moon.

Cristóbal M. Palmer
"The fun thing is to try to persuade others to share your opinions
about what rules and what sucks. Nothing is more fun than evangelism."
  --Larry Wall