[TriLUG] scripted sesssions with ssh

John Turner ukcsgrad89 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 11:39:48 EDT 2009

It may be just me but there is NO WAY that running a script from cron every
5 minutes and sending the results to another machine can be more work for a
machine then for you to ssh into the same machine every 5 minutes and run a
bunch of commands.  And doing an ssh connection for every check is just
wasteful.
Maybe your manager has an issue with running the script on the monitored
machine 24x7 and if that is the case using cron would solve that issue.