[TriLUG] Safest long-term media

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Sat Jul 11 20:21:20 EDT 2009

How about "PaperBack"?

At 250M per ream of paper, a $40 box + a $80 laser toner cartridge
will get 2.5G of data backed up on good old reliable paper.  The
great part is you can SEE if your media has degraded ;)
You'll probably want a scanner with a sheet-feeder when it's time
to restore the data :)

http://www.ollydbg.de/Paperbak/
Not sure if there is a linux port.

Chris

Greg Brown wrote:
> Any thoughts on safest long-term digital storage?  I'm thinking no
> moving parts is probably a good idea.  Blu-Ray?  But one chip and the
> disc is toast.  Something flash based maybe?  Or maybe a USB drive with
> raid?   My camera is spitting out gigabytes of data and I'm going to
> have to do something with all this stuff eventually.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services