[TriLUG] Suggested Router OS? may be OT.

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Mon Jul 27 19:27:46 EDT 2009

At 5:41pm -0400 on Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Douglas A. Whitfield wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Carl Crider wrote:
>> All good points. Just getting tired of the 6 CD (no DVD drives)
>> install. With no PXE server in place right now, we are doing the
>> CD-Shuffle. And since the network here is internal, we only need
>> a basic set of tools to direct traffic through our test beds.
>>
>> Thanks for the Revisor info, I'll take a look at that too. If I
>> had a choice, I'd make a simple Ubuntu disc and get it over with.

> You are likely way done with this, but if not, there's
> reconstructor and UCK similar to revisor. I for one have never
> gotten revisor to work, so if you got that going and could shed
> some light, I'd love the info.

In a similar sorry-I-didn't-pass-this-on-sooner, you might find this
page rather helpful for customizing Ubuntu.  (For you Windows folks
among you, this could be analogous to slipstreaming -- on steroids.)
Command line required.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomizationFromScratch

Cheers,

Kevin