[TriLUG] Fighting Ubuntu Desktop + KVM + network bridging

Jason Herr hobie at mail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:29:17 EDT 2009

Not really.  Both are hypervisors and both have a form of this issue.
You're using a hypervisor configuration tool that is automatically
providing what I need.  I'm betting your running RHEL(CentOS) or Fedora.
  They're a bit ahead in that area.  I'm trying to understand what the
bridge configuration in the /etc/network/interfaces file is supposed to
be doing (not a load of info in the interfaces man page) and the
expectations of the writer in this situation.

-- Thanks though...