[TriLUG] Any value in decades old mainframe manuals and printouts?

Don Hammond trilug at tradersdata.com
Wed Jul 29 04:00:28 EDT 2009

On Jul 28, 2009, at 9:52 PM, Brian McCullough wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 01:42:19PM -0400, Don Hammond wrote:
>>
>>> The computer museum, once in Boston but now somewhere on the left
>>> coast, would know what's valuable. [...]
>>
>> I'll do some searching for the computer museum you mentioned, or
>> another.  It was a good idea (that I should have thought of myself).
>> Thanks for the thoughtful response.
>

> Don,
>
> Did you not receive Bill's message?
>

> The Computer History Museum is at www.computerhistory.org and that
> would
> be an ideal place for this collection.  They are also associated with
> BitSavers, who collects old manuals and preserves them.  The people
> who
> use the Hercules Mainframe emulator are always interested in this
> information too.

Yes I did get Bill's message. My reply went out before his arrived,
but sat in the queue for some reason overnight before I realized it.
OS X Mail does this to me more frequently than I like.

Anyway I've looked at computerhistory.org and textfiles.com (per Steve
B) and both look like good possibilities.  I just took a quick look at
hercules-390.org and will dig a little deeper there, too. I have some
more work to do on this stuff, as well as trying to keep my head above
water generally, but I will get in touch with these places as soon as
time allows.  I appreciate the suggestions.

Don Hammond