[TriLUG] Any value in decades old mainframe manuals and printouts?

Don Hammond trilug at tradersdata.com
Wed Jul 29 11:19:04 EDT 2009

On Jul 29, 2009, at 4:51 AM, Brian McCullough wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 04:00:28AM -0400, Don Hammond wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 28, 2009, at 9:52 PM, Brian McCullough wrote:
>>
>>> Don,
>>>
>>> Did you not receive Bill's message?
>>
>> Yes I did get Bill's message. My reply went out before his arrived,
>> but sat in the queue for some reason overnight before I realized it.
>> OS X Mail does this to me more frequently than I like.
>

> Don't you love Asynchronous Mail?

It's worse than that. The mail server is postfix on Linux. I belatedly
switched from sendmail to postfix a year or so ago and couldn't be
happier with it. I'm relatively new to OS X and am mostly very happy
with it too, but Mail.app is another story. It is beyond quirky. If it
were sitting in the server queue it could be flushed, but sometimes it
doesn't get there and the only incantation I've found to get it there
is to quit Mail and restart it.