[TriLUG] Fighting Ubuntu Desktop + KVM + network bridging

Jason Herr hobie at mail.com
Thu Jul 30 09:03:34 EDT 2009

That was the ticket.  Because I was running a static IP, NetworkManager
kept trying to load its configuration into the system too.  By disabling
the NIC in NetworkManager, I was able to get it going all going.

Also, I found that virsh was much more useful than the VirtManager in
Ubuntu.  Also, I ended up having to run virsh under sudo to allow the
vnet device to enter promiscuous mode...

I swear I remember seeing the VirtManager in FC and RHEL with more
features, but it was a demo and it's been a while.

Thanks,