[TriLUG] How to get realistic sounding guitar out of TuxGuitar

Noel Nunkovich ntnunk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 19:13:03 EDT 2009

Tux Guitar is actually pretty nice.  I've used it fairly extensively and it
sounds OK, but the truth is you'll never get really good guitar sounds via
MIDI.  Also, Tux Guitar is really designed for transcribing and playing back
guitar Tabulature files.  The good news is that you don't need hardware
MIDI, it can take data from Tux Guitar tab files or Guitar Pro 3/4/5 files
and play those back.  Basically, Tux Guitar is an open source version of
Guitar Pro and it's designed to fill the same niche.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Noel Nunkovich