[TriLUG] How to get realistic sounding guitar out of TuxGuitar

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Aug 3 09:06:47 EDT 2009

On Monday 03 August 2009 08:04:04 Michael Peters wrote:
> Steve Litt wrote:
> > His buddy has a Windows program -- I think it is Guitar Pro, that sounds
> > more like a real guitar and less like a 1982 video game.
>
> Also, just to make sure we're covering the obvious... how are your
> speakers? Are we comparing the 2 programs or the 2 computers (including
> soundcard and speakers)?

Good call! I should have reported that in my sympom description.

Youtube music sounds perfect on my speakers. Ripped CD music sounds perfect.
Only midi music sounds boingy and electronic. Some midi music sounds more
boingy than others, with midi created by tuxguitar among the boingiest.

Thanks for the excellent question.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package