[TriLUG] Boot and troubleshooting dist to replace Knoppix?

Tom Barron tpb at dyncloud.net
Thu Aug 6 23:27:26 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 09:52:59PM -0400, John Broome wrote:
> I'm pretty sure knoppix is debian also.

Yes, you are right, and I should have said that differently: not so
much "built from" but "minimally adding to ...".  If you are used to
vanilla Debian then you may find grml to be a congenial live-cd/usb
with good auto h/w detection for doing system recovery, forensics,
gparted, mbr repair, etc.  Perhaps more so than knoppix, but YMMV.
That was my experience, but I have to admit to not having used Knoppix
lately.  Just presenting an option for folks to try out if they're
interested.

- Tom Barron