[TriLUG] TLSv1 from Apache + mod_ssl?

Brian Henning Brian.Henning at datadirect.com
Fri Aug 7 09:39:13 EDT 2009

Hi Greg / Everyone,

I should've included my SSLCipherSuite in the original message.  It is
currently:

SSLCipherSuite RC4:-DH:-KRB5:-EXP

...resulting in the following:

$ openssl ciphers -v  RC4:-DH:-KRB5:-EXP
RC4-SHA                 SSLv3 Kx=RSA      Au=RSA  Enc=RC4(128)  Mac=SHA1
RC4-MD5                 SSLv3 Kx=RSA      Au=RSA  Enc=RC4(128)  Mac=MD5
RC4-MD5                 SSLv2 Kx=RSA      Au=RSA  Enc=RC4(128)  Mac=MD5

I do notice that they all say SSLv3 or v2; no TLSv1.  But even if I do
this:

$ openssl ciphers -v TLSv1
...the entire list shows SSLv3 in that column, including the two v3 from
above.

Is that why I'm not able to get a TLSv1 connection working?

Thanks!
~Brian