[TriLUG] OT: Seeking Operations-Savvy Techno-Nerds for User-Testing (COMPENSATED)

Shane O. shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:21:15 EDT 2009

All -

BlueStripe Software (my company) is about to embark on a week of
user-testing for a major release of our flagship product, FactFinder.  In
advance of that release, we'd like to find some tech-savvy operations types
(e.g., NOC Level 1/Level 2 techs, Application Administrators for complex
apps, Owners/Developers of complex web sites, etc.)

For this, our ideal test subject would be:

   - an expert who reviews trouble tickets for complex, multi-tier apps and
   then appropriately resolves or assigns tickets to L3 or development for
   fixes
   - familiar with modern application technologies (e.g., distributed apps,
   web apps vs. CGI, n-tier apps, etc.)
   - comfortable doing basic system administration (Windows or Linux)
   - possessing some post-high school education in a technical field (but
   not necessarily a formal CS background)
   - 2+ years of experience in IT support
   - 1+ years experience with multi-tier/complex applications.

We'd like to find at least five (5) folks that roughly fit this profile.
We'll be compensating participants with gift cards to Target equivalent to
$75/hour.  A typical session will last 1-2 hours.

If this is you and you've got a couple of hours to kill the week of August
24th (evening hours are fine), let me know.  And for the record, Target
stores sell beer*.

* - One by me does anyway.  YMMV.

Shane O.