[TriLUG] OT: the optimum location for inner track/cylinder onrotating media?

Brian Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Wed Aug 12 12:43:24 EDT 2009

For the record, CDs are CLV (Constant Linear Velocity) media.

Pry open the lid of your portable audio CD player (find a way to override
the lid switch).  Or simply watch through the window, if your model has a
window.  You'll be able to clearly discern that the CD spins more slowly as
outer tracks are played.

I don't know about DVDs, but I suspect the same.

~B