[TriLUG] Apt-Get Help!

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Sat Aug 22 02:49:37 EDT 2009

At 7:02pm -0400 on Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Brian McCullough wrote:
> Anybody run into apt-get reporting "Method http has died unexpectedly!"

I've seen this among a host of other small little errors.  About 3
months ago, known-stable programs would randomly crash, weird binary
states occurred, awkward graphical glitches, etc.  I was unable to make
them happen on command, and they didn't happen repeatably across reboots.

My system partition was using ext4 at that point.  I can't prove it, but
my hunch is that ext4 was to blame; I've yet to experience these "minor
little errors" since reinstalling my system on an ext3 partition.

A shot in the dark, as I'll bet you aren't using ext4.

Cheers,

Kevin