[TriLUG] Apt-Get Help!

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Sat Aug 22 16:59:26 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:33:18PM -0400, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Brian McCullough<bdmc at bdmcc-us.com> wrote:
> > Anybody run into apt-get reporting "Method http has died unexpectedly!"
> >
> > I look at the logs and I am seeing segfaults in "http".
>
> Don't know how to fix that offhand, but I can think of two workarounds:
>
> 1) Try FTP mirror(s).

That's a thought.  I need to look up the FTP versions of the HTTP mirror
addresses.

> 2) build a local mirror with debmirror and use that:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Debmirror

I am using apt-proxy on the "host" machine.  It certainly speeds up the
time that is required to build a new VM.

The technique that I am using to build VMs is the one shown on:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM/CreateGuests

However, I am using "jaunty" in the command in the place of "hardy."

At this point, I am almost ready to try that instead.

Brian