[TriLUG] Initramfs

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Sep 3 17:23:22 EDT 2009

I think you need to "update-initramfs -u -k all".

That *should* pull in the appropriate modules for LVM to run,
and it should update the startup scripts in the initrd to scan
for LV's.

You're getting the (initramfs) prompt because it can not find
the root filesystem.

You might also make sure that the root=xxxxxxx parameter is
correct on the kernel line in your grub.conf.  I try to use
either "root=/dev/mapper/vg1-rootfs" or "root=UUID=something".
Use "blkid" to find the UUID's on your system.

Alan

.