[TriLUG] OT: free computers, monitors, palm, ethernet gear, tapes, cables

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri Sep 4 17:14:02 EDT 2009

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, mgmonza wrote:

> Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
>> all gone to Purple Elephant

> Thanks for the reminder - the acquaintance's ancient stuff
> is on its way, too.

They have a drive up like to a liquor store. There was a
line when I was there (only one other person, but still a
line, I was surprised) and he was dropping off what looked
cosmetically like a new desktop, nothing like my ancient
dusty beat up stuff.

They have a large floor with multiple benches of computers
being reconstructed. Only saw a couple of people when I
poked my head around the door, not enough to be working on
all the machines open. There are what I assume are
reconstructed computers by the pallet on trolleys on the
floor, looking like they are on the way somewhere,