[TriLUG] Unix Admin position available!
egoodwin at apexsystemsinc.com
Fri Sep 25 14:06:48 EDT 2009
People, People - I apologize for getting everyone in an uproar. I have more details I can share - it's very much a "hybrid" position but Unix is a major requirement. I realize employers are seeking more and more for their money these days but I also know a lot of people are in the market and if you are fortunate enough not to be, you might know someone you could forward my information on to. This particular position is not going to be for everyone but I wanted to get the word out to the group.
I always like this group - even though I'm not technical, it's always interested to read...I'm still laughing about contacting Jack off the list.
Here's the full details for anyone that's interested:
- Provides technical support to all PDI host systems; investigates software difficulties with RMS, equipment failures and any other related problems; responds to the needs of RMS users.
- Installs, maintains, updates and documents UNIX systems; keeps system information up to date within network log; responds to the needs of UNIX users.
- Prepares adequate documentation and ensures proper maintenance and security of the UNIX and PDI/RMS systems.
- Maintains FocalPoint server; checks weekly to ensure data integrity.
- Conducts the resources of the UNIX servers and printers.
- Ensures and maintains the Quick Servant Server on host side system is working properly; ensures communications between store and host is up and running; assists help desk with installation of Quick Servant on store systems and help with support for Quick Servant users.
- Develops and maintains system interfaces.
- Maintains, updates and prints the Profit and Loss statements for financial reporting.
- Contacts vendor representative for unresolved problems, needed repair, or service; monitors data processing operations to ensure adherence to quality standards and schedules.
- Works with help desk on maintaining Omron cash registers; provides programming and support with store personnel.
- Provide check runs for vendors and employees when AS/400 operator is off.
APEX Systems, Inc.
5430 Wade Park Blvd., Suite 302
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
Toll Free: 800-552-5090
egoodwin at apexsystemsinc.com
From:Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
To: "Triangle Linux Users Group General Discussion" ;
Sent: Sep 25, 2009 01:43:58 PM
Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Unix Admin position available!
Currently seeking (2) Unix Systems Administrators with experience with
PDI Software or RMS (typically found in Fuel Industries)
Soooooo .... a Unix SysAdmin gig, or an application SysAdmin gig, or a
"we're just going to throw everything we can at you because we laid
people off last year" gig? Lately, the job posts have all been the
same. Either extremely vague, or a list of requirements so large that
it seems they need to hire 2-4 people to handle it all ... and for
very little $.
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Scott Lambdin wrote:
> The paper today said EMC is going to add 300+ jobs here in the triangle.
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Ruth Suehle wrote:
>> > > I once interviewed for a job where it was critical that I
>> > > understand some EMC machine. When asked if I'd used it, I
>> > > said "no, but it has a manual?". I didn't get the job and
>> > > I'm glad.
>> My favorite interview question was when the HR person read down the job
>> description entering phrases like "are you familiar with" before each
>> point. This resulted in the question, "How well do you know how to use [our
>> homegrown, internal content management system]?" Guh.
>> TriLUG mailing list : http://www.trilug.org/mailman/listinfo/trilug
>> TriLUG FAQ : http://www.trilug.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
> There's a box?
> TriLUG mailing list : http://www.trilug.org/mailman/listinfo/trilug
> TriLUG FAQ : http://www.trilug.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
TriLUG mailing list : http://www.trilug.org/mailman/listinfo/trilug
TriLUG FAQ : http://www.trilug.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
More information about the TriLUG