[TriLUG] Unix Admin position available!

Elizabeth Goodwin egoodwin at apexsystemsinc.com
Fri Sep 25 14:06:48 EDT 2009

People, People - I apologize for getting everyone in an uproar.  I have more details I can share - it's very much a "hybrid" position but Unix is a major requirement. I realize employers are seeking more and more for their money these days but I also know a lot of people are in the market and if you are fortunate enough not to be, you might know someone you could forward my information on to.  This particular position is not going to be for everyone but I wanted to get the word out to the group.

I always like this group - even though I'm not technical, it's always interested to read...I'm still laughing about contacting Jack off the list.

Here's the full details for anyone that's interested:

	- Provides technical support to all PDI host systems; investigates software difficulties with RMS, equipment failures and any other related problems; responds to the needs of RMS users.

	- Installs, maintains, updates and documents UNIX systems; keeps system information up to date within network log; responds to the needs of UNIX users.

	- Prepares adequate documentation and ensures proper maintenance and security of the UNIX and PDI/RMS systems.

	- Maintains FocalPoint server; checks weekly to ensure data integrity.

	- Conducts the resources of the UNIX servers and printers.

	- Ensures and maintains the Quick Servant Server on host side system is working properly; ensures communications between store and host is up and running; assists help desk with installation of Quick Servant on store systems and help with support for Quick Servant users.

	- Develops and maintains system interfaces.

	- Maintains, updates and prints the Profit and Loss statements for financial reporting.

	- Contacts vendor representative for unresolved problems, needed repair, or service; monitors data processing operations to ensure adherence to quality standards and schedules.

	- Works with help desk on maintaining Omron cash registers; provides programming and support with store personnel.

	- Provide check runs for vendors and employees when AS/400 operator is off.

	-

Libby Goodwin
Delivery Manager

APEX Systems, Inc.