[TriLUG] TriLUG Digest, Vol 854, Issue 1

David Reid drreid3 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 13:39:14 EDT 2009

VirtualBox is great.  I run Win XP as a guest on Mepis 8.0 with the following:

*-memory
          size: 3293MiB
*-cpu
          product: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6300  @ 1.86GHz
          vendor: Intel Corp.
          size: 1850MHz
          width: 64 bits

I also use and recommend the guest additions.  Depending on what
you're trying to do with Linux you might consider running AntiX.  It's
a lightweight respin of Mepis that will run from 64MB old PII 266
systems with pre-configured 128MB RAM on up.
Check out the wiki, http://antix.mepis.org/index.php/Main_Page

--
David Reid
System Administrator