[TriLUG] OT: for sale - Dell 1950/2950 RAM

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 12:19:19 EDT 2009

I never claimed anything special about the RAM so if you want Dell
RAM, here it is... if you want generic or other brands, have at it on
Newegg or wherever.  Some people are required to buy certain brands or
branded accesories without choice.  I suppose you are fortunate if you
are free to get whatever you want.  I'm just selling per company
instructions. :)
David

On 10/8/09, Warren Myers <volcimaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know it's a dumb question, but what makes it special? 2x1GB packs from
> Newegg are quite a bit less :-\
> WMM
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 11:29 AM, David McDowell
> <turnpike420 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi folks.  We upgraded all of our Dell 1950 and 2950 servers to 32GB
>> RAM, yay!  Anyway, this means we have Dell RAM that we can do nothing
>> with... except offer to you guys.  When we took it out it was all
>> working fine and was placed directly into those clamshell-like things
>> for RAM.  This is a company sale, not me personally.  We can't offer
>> any warranty, sorry.  I went to Dell Outlet to get prices...
>>
>> 2GB packs (2 x 1GB sticks) - 4 total packs - $70 each
>> 4GB packs (2 x 2GB sticks) - 8 total packs - $120 each
>>
>> Cash is probably preferred.  I can write up some kind of receipt if you
>> need it.
>> (I might have Dell printers to sell in the very near future as well -
>> W5300N and 1710 (some with n) models)
>>
>> thanks,
>> David
>> --