[TriLUG] Firefox behavior

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Fri Oct 9 04:37:24 EDT 2009

Question for FireFox users on Ubuntu: are you having a problem keeping
the process alive?

I tend to open multiple windows (usually 5 or 6) each with from 10 to
30 tabs open.  I find that after about 2 to 3 days the firefox process
just dies.  I haven't determined if it is a memory leak, and there is
no log file with the standard repository package version for me to check.

Ubuntu:  2.6.27-14.41-generic i686 (built with gcc 4.3.2-lubuntu12)
FireFox: 3.0.14

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA