[TriLUG] TV Tuner, Linux, and QAM

Jason Evans jsevans at mises.com
Fri Oct 9 21:49:36 EDT 2009

I'm looking at investing in a new TV Tuner card and I'm looking for
suggestions on cards and on PVR software for Linux.  I's like to stay under
$100, be able to record to HDD like a DVR/PVR and be able to watch/record
digital cable stations as well.  The big question is about the card itself.
 Which ones do ATSC/QAM that actually work under Linux and have hardware
encoding rather than bogging down my CPU?  I'm not thrilled about installing
Freevo but I will if that's the only Linux software that will do what I
need.  Any suggestions would be great.

Best Regards,
Jason Evans

http://jsevans.us