[TriLUG] Cheap Local LAMP hosting?

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Sun Oct 11 16:21:03 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Michael Kimsal <mgkimsal at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's "cheap" to you?  I'd recommend a low-end VPS from slicehost.com or
> linode.com and then you're in complete control.

+1

Linode is the better bang for the buck, while slicehost (last time I
checked) has more sane user management for the web interface, so if
contractors come and go you can give them access in a way that doesn't
involve creation and deletion of accounts. Also the slicehost
interface is pretty amazingly simple/easy, while the linode one has
every knob and button you could think of. I use both. I like both.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
"The fun thing is to try to persuade others to share your opinions