[TriLUG] [Off Topic] Net App SAN reliability

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:06:42 EDT 2009

We have a couple of NetApp 3020 filers in our lab and never have
problems with them (+2yrs).  Sure, we lose a disk every one-in-a-
while, but we have not lost a head unit or anything else.  Our IT
department (very large Fortune-100 company) uses them extensively in
the datacenter, and we never hear of outages.  From what I can tell,
they are very reliable and fast enough for our needs.

Just my $0.02.

-Ron