[TriLUG] Thawte WoT

Jos Purvis purvis at melete.org
Wed Oct 14 12:02:11 EDT 2009

This definitely sucks. There are, in fact, several providers of free
S/MIME certs; the Mozilla folks have compiled a list here:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Getting_an_SMIME_certificate

...Although that list hasn't been updated with the Thawte changes
(it's a little dated). Those who have an existing S/MIME cert from
Thawte will also be offered a chance for a free one-year Verisign
S/MIME cert instead, so at least you've got a year to find something
else that works for you.

    --Jos