[TriLUG] Strange Linux (Ubuntu 9.04) Problem

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Tue Oct 20 14:13:55 EDT 2009

I realize that you found your problem, but in the future if the question
comes up, try these commands:

     cat /proc/cpuinfo

and

     cat /proc/version_signature
     uname -sm

In fact I alias the above to a "version" command:

     alias version='echo "`cat /proc/version_signature` `uname -sm`"'

with other variants for different OS's, like Solaris, FreeBSD, UnixWare, etc.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA