[TriLUG] need domain registrar recommendation

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Sat Oct 24 13:41:41 EDT 2009

Ron Kelley wrote:
> Careful with 1&1. The fine print forces you to auto-renew you acct
> every year. If something in your acct changes (new visa #, email addr
> changes, etc), you will get hit with a collection notice for twice
> the price of your domain registration. The send ONE email to you each
> year and nothing more (no phone call, etc).  Ask me how I know...
>
> Just do a quick google search for 1&1 and collection agency.

I have to completely agree.  They not only charged me multiple times
when my card info changed (and to cards no longer active, but the
associated bank reopened and charged me tons of fees, when it should
have been declined...), but they then go to collection agencies almost
immediately.

And there is no fixing the situation, as they just don't care.  I
still have a case against them, which I won, which you can't enforce
judgment against them because their owners are out of country.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA