[TriLUG] looking for 1U (preferred) or 2U rack mount case

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Thu Oct 29 13:39:05 EDT 2009

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> I have a board I want to put in a rack. I can drill, punch
> and mount it. I just need a case. The case can have anything
> in it (which I'll remove whether it's working or not) and I
> don't care what holes it has in it.
>
> Anyone know where to go for such a thing? I imagine those
> electronic recycling days must get some of them, but I don't
> know where to look. Adverts for 1U cases assume you want a
> computer and PS with it.

I have some pro-audio and pro-video supplies, and they include
1U, 2U and 4U rack mount "trays" or shelves.  They are designed
to allow to rack mount consumer equipment that have no "rack
ears" of their own.  These trays are also used to mount smaller
items such as wireless mic receivers and such that are by
themselves too small to be rack mounted.  Two consumer 4-port
Linksys routers work great side-by-side on a 1U tray.

Contact me off-list if you would like one of mine.  You can also
find them at places like Creative Acoustics, Sam Ash, and Guitar
Center stores.  Creative Acoustics has a good shop for creating
custom racks as well.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA