[TriLUG] looking for 1U (preferred) or 2U rack mount case

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Thu Oct 29 13:50:53 EDT 2009

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> I have a board I want to put in a rack. [...]
>
> Anyone know where to go for such a thing? I imagine those electronic
> recycling days must get some of them, but I don't know where to look.
> Adverts for 1U cases assume you want a computer and PS with it.

Think of other users for this: professional audio and professional
video, including broadcasting.  You should check pro-audio and
pro-video dealers in the area.  For some stupid reason, these are
found under "Musical Instruments" on EBay and Craig's List.  Ham
radio sites and electronics hobbiests sites are a couple of other
sources.  And of course second-hand telecomm equipment sites are
another good source.

I would recommend hitting semi-pro-audio retailers first, since they
cater to the budgets of local bands and churches, and have the same
things for cheaper price. (I mention a couple in a previous post)

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA