[TriLUG] scripts and the gnome desktop

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Sun Nov 1 19:32:07 EST 2009

At 5:47pm -0500 Sun, 01 Nov 2009, Pete Soper wrote:
> When I made a launcher to run /usr/bin/nautilus it was put on the desktop
> with the icon image you'd expect. Now I can find it. :-)

Our minds work in different ways.  :-)  Nautilus is just a file-viewer,
but the default one of the Ubuntu desktop.  I believe you can access it
via your "Places" menu.  For example

Places->Home Folder

Should bring up a nautilus view of your home directory.

I'm not a big fan of unnecessary clutter on my desktop.  Which is
ironic, see, since I have so much of it there.  Sigh.  One of these I'll
get back to those papers I've been meaning to read ...

Cheers,

Kevin