[TriLUG] Best Distro for KVM Virtualization?

Josh Johnson josh_johnson at unc.edu
Tue Nov 3 10:16:54 EST 2009

I know RedHat is known for KVM since they bought Qumranet a while
back. I like KVM a lot, and have access to cheap RHEL licenses because
I work for UNC, but most of my experience is with Debian-based distros
and BSD.  I'm about to do a pretty big install and lay a lot of VM-
based infrastructure on top of KVM. Is there any reason why I should
or shouldn't use RHEL for this? It seems debian/ubuntu's support for
KVM is relatively new, should that be a concern?

Thanks,
JJ